Periodically we’ll feature one of our properties here to let our readers know about some great gay friendly places to stay:
Coming to New York’s beautiful Finger Lakes Region? Welcome to 1840 Inn on the Main. Also known as the Alfred Morris Gifford House, the Inn has been gingerly renovated and is decorated in many period furnishings, reminiscent of the era and boasts bold, carved fireplaces and doorways in the dining room and parlors. The large foyer features a majestic oak split staircase leading to four guest rooms. An additional guest room is located on the level, which may be suitable for guests with mobility issues.
Upstairs, there is also a guest area, which has filtered water, coffee/tea, as well as sodas in the guest refrigerator.
The spacious side porch is filled with comfy wicker furniture to relax with a good book or chat with friends old and new or just unwind and enjoy the sound of the fountain in the nearby flower garden while sipping a glass of wine.
Just one mile down the road from Canandaigua Lake, the 1840 Inn on the Main is a short walk to shops, restaurants, historical sites, and a hiking/biking trail.
Other amenities Include:
- Central A/C
- Wireless Internet
- Private Baths
- Bath Products
- Robes Available Upon Request
- Hair dryers
- Private Parking
- Continental Breakfast Available for Business Travelers
There are many great things to do in the Finger Lakes, including:
- NYS Wine and Culinary Center
- Canandaigua Lady Paddlewheel Steamboat
- Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum – A federal style mansion and impressive antique carriage and sleigh museum.
- Sonnenberg Gardens – A beautiful Victorian mansion estate with over 40 acres of unique gardens
- CMAC – an open performing arts center
- Ontario Mall Antiques: the state’s largest antique mall.
- Canandaigua Country Club
- Bristol Harbour Resort
- Bristol Mountain
- Roseland Water Park
- Ganondagan – a Native American community that was a flourishing, vibrant center for the Seneca people.
Come stay with us at 1840 Inn on the Main to explore the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. Winery tours are available upon request.
See the 1840 Inn on the Main Expanded Listing on Purple Roofs Here
Gay Friendly Bed and Breakfasts, Hotels, and Vacation Rentals in AREA