This policy is effective from December 1st, 2019.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
Site Users: We do not collect any personal information for marketing purposes. We only collct info to determine which parts of the site our users are visiting.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
Vendors: Contact information including email address, and country, which you provide when you sign up, as well as your business listing information
What We Do With the Information We Gather
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
–Internal record keeping.
–We periodically send out newsletters, promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Data Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages users find useful and which they do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to a user’s computer or any information about the user, other than the data the user chooses to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Indicating Your Consent
When you join our email list, you must explicitly check the box to opt in, and can remove your consent at any time by logging into your account and unsubscribing, by using the unsubscribe link on any email we send you, or by sending your request to us at [email protected].
Withdrawl of Consent
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] with the email address that is on file with my site, requesting removal from my list and/or the removal of your data. All customer information will be permanently deleted; to use the web site again, you will be required to re-register.
Right of Erasure
You may request removal of any and all personal data we may have about you at any time by emailing the request to [email protected].
Requesting Your Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information, please request it at [email protected]. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We operate a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and a blog that may require you to register on your own. Customers will not be added to any of our social media outlets under any circumstances; customers must join or monitor such social accounts on their own. We do not access or appropriate any customer information through social media platforms.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
Changes in Policy
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time, and it will be posted here with the date of revision. If you have any questions about security or privacy issues, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Purple Roofs is a directory service only, not a recommendation service. We list accommodations who claim to be LGBTQ+ owned or LGBTQ+ friendly, and post the information we receive “as-is”. This information is not warranted or guaranteed in any way. We do not visit each property to verify its claims, and cannot be held responsible for failure by any of the establishments herein to meet those claims. Anyone who uses this information agrees to do so solely at their own risk.
We do not screen properties listed here for compliance with federal, state, or local registration, safety, or other legal requirements. The site visitor takes sole responsibility for investigating such compliance themselves.
Purple Roofs also does not take responsibility for materials or statements listed on third-parties’ linked pages we link to which are not part of the Purple Roofs site.
Purple Roofs does not mediate disagreements between innkeepers and travelers, and any comments or questions about the content of the listings on this site should be forwarded to the innkeeper directly.
Purple Roofs reserves the right to refuse or delete any listing at our discretion.
New Listings: PURPLE ROOFS is a gay-owned and gay-operated business designed to help the LGBTQ+ community find suitable accommodations as they travel. The following is a partial list of requirements, although other requirements may be added at any time:
1. The property must be owned by an innkeeper who is either LGBTQ+ or friendly
2. The listing must represent only ONE property at ONE address (we only list individual properties – we don’t list rental / management companies, rental services, directories, etc)
3. The property must be listed by a unique business name (not the name of a larger reservation service or management company, but the legal business name assigned to the individual property as it appears on the business license for that property)
4. Rooms must be available to rent on a nightly basis
5. The website must be dedicated to the property submitted to PURPLE ROOFS (not a “joint” site that showcases multiple properties); the name of the property must appear in the logo, at the top of the page and throughout the text
6. The full property address must be disclosed (street/city/state or province/zip or postal code), and the address must be verifiable via an online mapping service
7. Contact info must be disclosed (website address, email address, name of contact, phone number)
8. All required fields on the listing submission forms must be completed (incomplete submissions cannot be processed)
9. Properties with more than 25 rooms will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
10. Innkeeper/listing submitter is solely responsible for its compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, licensing requirements, and other governmental requirements in performing its obligations and exercising its rights under this Agreement. Innkeeper/listing submitter warrants it holds all necessary federal, state, and local licenses and permits in order to operate its business in accordance with applicable law. Innkeeper/listing submitter indemnifies and holds harmless PURPLE ROOFS from any and all liabilities, claims, assessments, penalties, and the like arising from its failure to comply with such laws.
11. Purple Roofs verifies each property address upon receipt of the listing, and may periodically review groups of listings for placement consistency within city, state and region. We reserve the right to change the submitted location to match the actual location, as verified with one of our trusted online sources. We ask that innkeepers respect the integrity of the directory for our travelers and submit their actual locations on new listings and listing changes, not an adjacent city and/or state/province.
12. Purple Roofs reserves the right to remove or edit the submitted property website link for any reason, including but not limited to: objectionable or misleading site content (including nudity or sexual content), broken or redirected website url, or adding referrer coding for tracking purposes.
13. The descriptions of the communities most typically served by the hosts and service providers on our site are provided by the vendors, based on the demographics of past clientele, and the feedback of those clientele regarding their comfort level and sense of welcome at the facility. They are not meant to discourage or discriminate; rather, our hosts are very clear about their welcoming, non-judgmental policies, but for the comfort of their regular guests and potential future guests, they want to ensure that there are no surprises.
An editor will review your submission to determine if it is suitable for PURPLE ROOFS.
Company name change requests are subject to verification.
Address name change requests are subject to verification.
Purchases are Final:
The payment remitted covers the cost of creating your listing, Once your listing has been created, we cannot provide a refund. Listings are not transferrable between properties.
We usually add new free accommodation listings to the directory within 21 business days of receipt of the application.
We provide the form for you to fill out in your own words (including any errors). We do reserve the right to edit your listing text as necessary for appropriateness of language, and/or for SEO purposes (Expanded Listings).
Special Listing Offers:
Specials, when offered, are applicable to new business only.
Listings are currently sorted on the destination pages in the following sort order – Country-State-City-Upgrade Level-Random. The random order changes every time the page is reloaded, giving each listing a shot at top placement within its upgrade level. Purple Roofs reserves the right to change this sorting order at any time.
Featured Listing Limits
Premium Listings (4 max per area page for cities ) take precedence over all other ranking. We allow Featured Listings for LGBTQ+ meccas and cities with populations of 500k or more, including (but not limited to):
Canada: Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.
USA: Albuquerque, Asheville, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, El Paso, Eureka, Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Fresno, Guerneville, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Key West, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Nashville, New York, Ogunquit, Oklahoma City, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland OR, Provincetown, Rehoboth Beach, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Tucson, Washington DC, West Hollywood, and Wilton Manors.
Other Countries: Bangkok, Beijing, Berlin, Bogota, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Cape Town, Delhi, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Lima, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Mumbai, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo.
…and a maximum of 2 featured listings for all other cities. At the state/province/country level, we show three Featured Listings at a time, on a rotating basis.
Hosting for each subsequent year will be billed on an annual basis. We do not keep credit cards on file, and do not auto-renew.
The owner of the Purple Roofs website, Mongoose on the Loose Inc., is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We do not knowingly post materials that violate copyright laws. If you are the owner of materials that you believe are improperly posted on the Purple Roofs site, the safe harbor provision of this law requires that you contact us first and give us the opportunity to remove the offending material, and protects us from liability as long as we do so expeditiously.
To contact us about a claim under DMCA, please send an email to J. Scott Coatsworth at [email protected] with the following information:
–The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party
–The infringing materials and their Internet location
–Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works
–A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of
–A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner
Once we verify your claim, we will remove the material(s) expeditiously.
We do not condone the use of copyrighted materials without permission on the Purple Roofs site. If you are a Purple Roofs user and you post such materials, please be aware that the DMCA may not protect you individually from liability. Individuals who repeatedly infringe copyrighted material will be removed from our network.