Please throw all of your stereotypes and preconceptions straight out of the window – they aren’t welcome on this gay cruise.
We have been on our second gay cruise with Atlantis and are finding it incredibly difficult to put into words how the experience felt.
It’s the one place in the world where we felt no barriers whatsoever.
It allowed us to remove all of our inhibitions, be our true selves and celebrate every type of person with no judgement or attitude at all.
It was empowering, liberating, full of love, the friendliest environment we have experienced and gives us hope for humanity. An Atlantis gay cruise is something special that needs to be experienced to be appreciated and fully understood.
We’ve asked you to throw away your stereotypes for good reason, these may include:
- Gay cruises are just for hot young muscle-men
- Gay cruises are just for singles looking for sex
- In contrast to the one above, some people think cruises are actually just for couples
- In contrast again, some people ask why on earth would you go on a gay cruise as a monogamous couple?
- Gay cruises are cliquey, I could never go solo
Before we move on, from our experience and from all the people we have spoken to, all the above points are false.
Quite simply, a gay cruise is for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you are travelling solo, with friends, are in either an open or closed couple, a throuple or anything else in between – we have seen and met them all.
However, don’t take our word for it, we have sat down and interviewed a mix of these types of travellers from this years Atlantis gay cruise.
Read on to find out how this experience worked out for each of them.