Welcome to the Purple Roofs Newsletter for October, 2012!
Welcome to the Purple Roofs gay travel newsletter – we’ve broken our travel articles section into four parts – general travel news, travel event news (including upcoming events and reviews and photos pf past events), articles by our travel blogger friend Carlos Melia, and finally sweepstakes and contests (when available).
We’ve got lots of other great stuff for you this month, too – including feature articles on Santa Fe; Southwestern France; Chilliwack, BC; the Yucatan; Tel Aviv, Israel.; and Bangkok, Thailand We also cover our own recent trip to Seattle – things to do, great restaurants, and the top four view spots in the city by the Sound. We’re also featuring a number of other gay travel articles from around the world.
You’ll also find some great accommodation specials and discounts, tons of upcoming gay travel events, and much more.
Our October Newsletter Sponsor: The Gaslight Inn, Seattle
Come stay with us at the gay-owned Gaslight Inn, in Seattle – we’ve brought out the home’s original turn-of-the-century ambiance and warmth, while keeping in mind the additional conveniences and contemporary style.
We provide quality accomodations in a relaxed atmosphere at a sensible rate – come stay with us and explore Capitol Hill and gay Seattle.
Our Featured Articles This Month:
TRAVELING IN OUR FABULOUS GAY WORLD: Santa Fe, New Mexico… Again
by Don and Ray, Gay Travelers
When traveling as much as we do it is so easy to get into a major rut and return to the same places all the time. For the past 10 years we “winter” in Florida and always have a grand time. Of course we always stay at the Fabulous GRAND RESORT AND SPA and how can one NOT have a grand time there ? This year we have made the decision to go to Puerto Vallarta instead for the winter which will be our very first time there. It is always nice to go places new. However we NEVER tire of going to Santa Fe where we visit usually every other year for a week. Santa Fe is like no other city in the entire country.
Montpeyroux and the Delights of Southwestern France
by Charmaine, Le Manoir de Gurson, Montpeyroux, France
The village of Montpeyroux is in the ideal location for those who wish to explore the delights of South West France. We are only 30 minutes from St Emilion, famous for its wines and largest monolithic church in Europe. The stunning views of the surrounding countryside from the top of the tower are worth climbing the 196 steps. Other wine regions not far away include Bergerac, Bordeaux, Montbazillac, Pomerol, and Sauternes.
Giant Fish Just One Draw in Chiliwack, British Columbia
by Andrea, Fish Inn B&B, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Fish WOW, what a great experience for these tourists visiting Chilliwack. This shows what a great destination Chilliwack is for Sport Fisherman – Sturgeon – (catch and release only) also great Trout, Steelhead, salmon runs with world class Fising guides who can cook them up for you at the river bed or clean for you to take home. Fishing licences also availble online. Fish Inn Bed and Breakfast at Chilliwack, British Columbia Canada (population: 80,000) is located south of the Fraser River in the Fraser Valley, 105km/65mi east of Vancouver.
A Day Trip in the Yucatan
By Jordy Hines
Chichen Itza, Mayapan, Dzibilchaltun, Ek Balam, Uxmal – these are only some of the must-see Mayan civilization sites one can visit on a day trip from Merida, on the wonderful peninsula state of Yucatan, Mexico. But what else is there to do for an excited traveler bent on seeing a bit more? Try a shopping/sightseeing trip to one of the many local towns within a couple hours of Merida where you can find many handcrafted items lovingly made by talented indigenous peoples, marvel at historical architecture, and take in the slow, steady pace of life in the Yucatan. Here we suggest a trip to the pottery and ceramic town of Ticul.
A Week in Gay Tel Aviv for the Dedicated Travelers
By Tami Bibring
Although gay Tel Aviv is mostly known for its crazy nightlife and amazing beaches, there are also many other attractions to be done. For those of you who are looking for something else, there are plenty of areas to discover. Since Israel is such a small country, you can get from scenery to another within only a few hours drive, meaning you can get to see (and do) lots of interesting things in a very short visit.
A Sunday Bike Ride in Merida
By Casa del Maya
Looking for a relaxing place to see great architecture, roam colonial streets, eat wonderful local foods, and infuse yourself with local color? Then the city of Merida, in the state of Yucatan in Mexico, is just the place for you. Only one of the great ways to experience all these things is a weekly event that every visitor to Merida should experience at least once. Each Sunday morning an incredible event takes place on the boulevard Paseo Montejo, the “Champs-Elysees” of Merida. Hundreds of locals and tourists alike bring their bicycles, or rent one right on the boulevard, and join families, singles, couples, and every other combination you can imagine, to enjoy a leisurely bike ride.
Exploring Gay Bangkok
For the typical foreign traveler, Silom, Sathorn and Suriwongse Roads are the biggest draw. But, in reality that area only accounts for about 15% of the “gay” scene in Bangkok. There are several areas where groups of gay venues are located. Ramkhamhaeng (Lamsalee), is the most popular area, located out on Ramkhamhaeng Road, Soi 89/2, it is probably the busiest gay area in Thailand.
Visiting Gay Seattle: Overview
by Scott & Mark, Purple Roofs
Just got back from a three night whirlwind tour of Seattle. Our friends, Marco and Fabry, were in the country from Italy, and we wanted to take them to a city they’d never seen before. And since we spoke Italian with them the whole time, we decided we’re honorary Italians this week! We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon, and the weather was just about perfect – a few clouds in the morning, clearing by early afternoon, and highs in the low to mid-70?s. We stayed at one of our favorite B&B’s, the Gaslight Inn, up on the very gay Capitol Hill, and owned by our friend Steve Bennett. Bennett has owned the place for 31 years, and has been on Purple Roofs almost since the beginning.
Visiting Gay Seattle: Things to Do
by Scott & Mark, Purple Roofs
There are so many great things to do in Seattle – we’ll list only a few of our favorite. At the Space Needle ticket office you can buy a city pass (currently $69) that’s good for 9 days, and includes entrance to: EMP Museums, Pacific Science Museum, Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium, Aviation Museum or Puget Sound Cruise. If you can hit three of these, it will pay for itself; more and you’re ahead of the game. Here are the attractions we visited.
Visiting Gay Seattle: Places to Eat
by Scott & Mark, Purple Roofs
In this section, we’ll cover a few of our favorite eateries in Seattle from our recent visit (Collections Cafe pictured above): Specialty’s Cafe (Downtown): If you’re downtown and looking for a great little coffee place, check out the Specialties Cafe at the edge of the City Centre – a cute, casual place with outdoor seating for people watching. Caffe Ladro (Capitol Hill): Up on 15th on the back side of Capitol Hill, not far from Volunteer Park, you’ll find a cute little cafe – Caffe Ladro.
Visiting Gay Seattle: View Spots
by Scott & Mark, Purple Roofs
There are a number of places to get a good view of downtown Seattle and the Puget Sound, three of which we visited, and a fourth that was closed for renovation. The Space Needle ($16): Arguably the most famous, this tower is an iconic Seattle landmark,originally built for the 1962 world’s fair. There’s even a restaurant up top, but we usually go there just for the 360 degree views. This one’s a bit pricy, at about $16 a person, but is also included in the city pass.
Visiting Gay Seattle: More Photos
by Scott & Mark, Purple Roofs
See the rest of our Seattle pictures here.
More Gay Travel News
We also scour the web to bring you all the gay travel news we can find. You can see these posts on a daily basis at http://www.purpleroofs.com/gay-travel-blog, or sign up for our RSS feed. Here are some of our favorites from the last month:
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Our Favorite Place Down Under
After a four-year stint in Autostraddle’s top American lesbianish city (the incomparable Northampton, Massachusetts), I thought I had developed impossibly high queer-friendliness expectations for every future place I’d inhabit.
AUSTRALIA: New Gay Travel Wholesaler Launched in Australia
A new wholesaler, believed to be the first in Australia dedicated to gay travellers, is looking to build a network of up to 200 “gay friendly” travel agents to promote and sell its product.
AUSTRALIA: Lesbian Melbourne, Australia
I’ve been out in Melbourne since my early teens and I’ve danced, shopped, laughed, eaten, drank and smoked my way into my early 20s without ever losing my love for this city.
BERMUDA: Party Leader Says Bermuda Government Should Challenge Frommer’s Warning to Gay Travelers
Government should “reach out” to travel guide Frommer’s about its warning that Bermuda is repressive to gay people, says the United Bermuda Party.
ONTARIO, CANADA: Davey Wavey and Toronto’s Bathhouses
Of all the cities that I’ve ever visited, few feel as much like home as Toronto.
CUBA: US Tour Operators receiving Licenses for Travel to Cuba
After a summer of waiting and wondering, several prominent tour operators have received their government licenses or renewals to resume travel to Cuba.
EUROPE: Saving Money on a European River Cruise
Undoubtedly, cruisers used to bargain-basement fares on mass-market mega-ship cruises to Mexico or the Caribbean might experience some initial sticker shock when first considering a European river cruise vacation.
FRANCE: France Offers Sophisticated Gay Travel
As the dog days of summer march steadily toward the fall I decided to get away for a relaxing summer vacation.
FRANCE: Writer Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Paris Gay Travel Book
Among the many attractions of Paris is its large and thriving LGBT scene, but no available travel guide covers this.
FRANCE: A Champagne Weekend in France
By now you’re savvy enough to know: true Champagne can only come from the Champagne region of France.
ISRAEL: Gay Tourism Bouys Israel
It’s priming for a risky showdown with Iran over its suspected nuclear program, concerned about neighboring Syria’s bloody civil war spilling across the border and dealing with terrorists attempting to infiltrate from Egypt’s lawless Sinai Peninsula.
ITALY: In Rome
Our dear friend, Bella (Dolly Goolsby) is on the go again, this time in Italy. She has graciously allowed us to republish her travel blogs. Enjoy!
ITALY: Visiting Montalcino, Tuscany
Today we drove back from Rome, which should have been about a 3-hour trip, but I suggested to Frank that we take a side trip through some of the southern Tuscany wine country.
ITALY: Firenze and More
I see I haven’t posted anything for a week. We have been busy, though.
ITALY: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
We are winding down, on the last leg of our vacation.
RUSSIA: Supreme Court Gives OK To Gay Pride Parades
Russia’s Supreme Court has ruled that gay pride parades and LGBT rights demonstrations do not violate controversial “gay propaganda” laws.
SERBIA: Gay Pride Parade Banned Again
Serbia’s Gay Pride parade planned for this weekend in Belgrade has been canceled as have all activities related to it.
SINGAPORE: Singapore Becoming More Gay Friendly
“Majulah Singapura” means “Onward, Singapore” in Malay — a motto the local LGBT community is truly living. Homosexuality is still illegal in this island city-state, but in recent years, gays and lesbians have made great strides toward not just tolerance, but acceptance.
SWEDEN: Sweden: New ABBA Museum to Open in 2013
A museum devoted to pop supergroup ABBA will open next year in the Swedish capital aiming to attract hundreds of thousands of visitors, organizers said on Wednesday.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Five Free Things to Do in Dubai
Dubai’s big spending on manmade islands and other over-the-top attractions left this unabashedly capitalist city with mountains of debt.
UNITED KINGDOM: Gay Couple Suing Bed & Breakfast
A gay couple have sued the owner of a bed and breakfast after she refused to let them stay in a double room because of her religious views.
UNITED KINGDOM: London’s Spooky Ghost Tours
If the drizzly, eerie season has inspired you to go on a quest for the creepy you’ll undoubtedly be heading out on one of the capital’s legendary ghost tours.
USA: Avis Sued Over Discount for Gays & Lesbians
According to the Complaint, Plaintiff rented a car from AVIS in July 2011, in the County of San Diego, California.
GEORGIA: Lesbian Guide to Hotlanta
We are recent Atlanta transplants who actually met at Atlanta’s unofficial meetup for Autostraddle’s International Brunch Day who bonded over the fact that we’ve been exploring the city and its lesbian offerings all by our respective lonesomes.
MONTANA, USA: Yellowstone Country
Established as America’s first national park in 1872, Yellowstone has bewitched human visitors for more than 11,000 years with its otherworldly landscape of geothermal features, coniferous forest, and high-altitude lakes and rivers.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Flume Gorge – Foliage Season
During Foliage Season, The Flume Gorge www.glynnhouse.com/area/id22.htm will leave you spellbound as you stroll the path from the Visitors Center to the Flume and back.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Cog Railway – A Terrific NH Foliage Season Experience
The beauty of the mountains and the thrill of ascending the Northeast’s highest peak are just as enchanting today as they were in 1869, when Sylvester Marsh opened the world’s first mountain-climbing railroad on New Hampshire’s Mount Washington.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Conway Scenic RR during Foliage Season
On the Conway Scenic Railway, visitors enjoy an old-fashioned railroading experience on vintage trains, all departing from an 1874 Victorian Station in the heart of North Conway Village.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Amazing Biplane Ride Over Beautiful Lakes and Mountains
Enjoy the exhilaration of flying in a classic open cockpit biplane, with the sun on your face, the warm breezes in your hair, the rumble of the radial engine, all as you glide on a cushion of air over beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Dirt Ventures: ATV Adventures in the White Mountains
Are you keen to try riding an ATV through NH’s spectacular White Mountains?
NEW HAMPSHIRE, USA: Five Great Things to Do For Free in New Hampshire
For a small state, New Hampshire offers a variety experiences for free in the fall, whether it’s scenic drives, hiking, moose watching, browsing antique shops and spotting huge pumpkins.
NEW JERSEY, USA: Atlantic City Launches New Travel Campaign Targeting Gay Couples
The Atlantic City Alliance today launched the next phase of its “DO AC” ad campaign, including a version that encouraging same-sex couples to visit the casino town and fall in love again.
NEW YORK, USA: ManAboutWorld Names 51 Gayest Hotels in NYC
With 431 New York hotels listed on TripAdvisor, ManAboutWorld has named 51 to its list of recommended accommodations for gay travelers.
NEW YORK: New York State
When it comes to emerging gay destinations, New York State offers plenty of havens that are a simple exit off the highway.
PENNSYLVANIA: Restaurants in Philadelphia’s Gayborhood
They might be calling it “Midtown Village” now, but to Philadelphia’s GLBT residents, the Washington Square West area will always be “The Gayborhood.”
VERMONT, USA: Vermont Tourism Welcomes Gay Travelers
Ever since civil union legislation was passed 12 years ago, Vermont has been a popular destination for gay and lesbian couples.
Davey Wavey – The Day I Quit My Job
When I tell people what I do-which, in a nutshell is creating YouTube videos and traveling the world-they usually stare blankly back at me.
Out Now’s Top Ten Gay Travel Destinations for 2013
LGBT travel and tourism is a lucrative market these days and with LGBT travellers said to have spent $165 billion by the end of this year, and even more next year, the ‘pink dollar’ is becoming an ever popular term.
Gay Travel Fashion – It’s All About the Luggage
When traveling, a bag shouldn’t just be about being big enough to fit everything in it, easy to hold, carry or pull, safe and waterproof – function is of course important, but fashion should not be sacrificed for it.
Maximizing Your Frequent Flier Miles
Every frequent flier keeps at least a loose eye on his or her available miles.
Purple Roofs is featured in AARP’s The Single Woman’s Guide to Retirement
Jan Cullinane, the author of the new book, the Single Woman’s Guide to Retirement, just let us know that we’re featured in the book:
Four Travel Mistakes Women Make When Traveling Alone
The first time I boarded a plane by myself was one of the most terrifying AND exhilarating experiences of my life.
Gay Event Updates:
CANADA/USA: Where to Go This Fall for Leaf Peeping
I’m all about summer loving, whiling away hours on an outdoor patio with my lover, sipping wine and watching deliciously long days fade into warm summer nights.
CALIFORNIA, USA: Folsom Street Fair 2012 in Photos
Sunny skies and warm temperatures greeted the 2012 Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco on Sunday, September, 23. Click on the slideshow on the left to view photos from this year’s fair.
GEORGIA, USA: Atlanta Pride Coming October 13th
This October 13th and 14th, as Summer slides into Autumn, join in on one of the biggest pride events in the US!
ILLINOIS, USA: New Gay History Walk to Be Dedicated in Boystown, Chicago
In recognition of October as GLBT History Month, the Board of Directors of the Legacy Project announced that the upcoming dedication of the Legacy Walk will take place on October 11, 2012, the 25th Anniversary Commemoration of National Coming-Out Day.
MASSACHUSETTS, USA: 2012 Provincetown Women’s Week
The 28th annual Women’s Week in Provincetown begins on Monday, October 8th and runs through Sunday, October 14th.
TEXAS, USA: Photos From Dallas Pride 2012
We’ll have some much better shots from the amazing Chuck Marcelo on Monday.
TEXAS, USA: More Photos of Dallas Gay Pride 2012
The Dallas Voice has graciously provided more photos of this year’s Dallas Gay Pride, taken by Chuck Marcelo – click the link below to see all 100 pics.
UTAH, USA: Pink Dot 2012
Utah held its second annual Pink Dot festival yesterday in an event that took its lead from Singapore’s ground-breaking event of the same name.
Upcoming Event News:
ONTARIO, CANADA: Toronto to Host DREAM Leather Fetish Party on October 13th
If you’re into dressin’ up sexy and putting on some of those fancy leather chaps, we North Americans seem to forget that there’s more to life than the various coastal Folsom parties.
CHINA: Hong Kong’s Pink Season 2012
In America, Pride season is wrapping up (Memphis will hold its festival on October 6) but Hong Kong’s Pink Season is just getting started.
THAILAND: Second Annual Phuket Gay Pride Announced for April 2013
Just got this from our friends at the Phuket Loves You club, organizers of LGBT events in Thailand.
UNITED KINGDOM: New Organization to Take Over London Pride for 2013
LGBT activists and trade unionists have agreed that a new organisation and committee should run next year’s main gay pride festival in London.
USA: Adventurous Fall Festivals
Summer is great for enjoying nature, but there’s just something about fall – the crisp weather, the scent of a wood fire burning, the frenzy of college football – that seems to fire up the adventurous spirit.
CALIFORNIA, USA: Worldwide Gay Travel Conference in San Francisco on October 31st (10/31/12)
Tourism professionals from around the world will convene at the Wyndham Parc 55 in near Union Square in San Francisco, California, October 31 to November 2, 2012, for Community Marketing’s 13th International Conference on Gay & Lesbian Tourism.
CALIFORNIA, USA: Sacramento International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival Starts October 11th
Like the colors of the rainbow, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people are diverse in almost every way throughout the world.
GEORGIA, USA: Atlanta Pride Coming October 13th
This October 13th and 14th, as Summer slides into Autumn, join in on one of the biggest pride events in the US!
Gay Sporting Events in 2013 and 2014
The world of LGBT sport is increasingly busy, with an ever-growing number of national and international single and multi-sport tournaments on offer.
TGV Gare de Lyon Paris to Nice Ville
Today I transfered all the way from Versailles to Nice, in a ver simple and smooth way, to get to Gare de Lyon Station in Paris to get onboard the TGV to Nice Ville.
How Do You Get from Nice to St Tropez
Well of course you can always rent a private yatch or sail boat and sail along the French Riviera in the Mediterranean Sea for approximatelly two hours.
Yachts of Saint Tropez are MASSIVE
Tonight I walk to the port of Saint Tropez, and sat down at the promenade overlooking the yachts to have dinner at Cafe de Paris.
Fish Markets of St Tropez
This morning, maybe a bit late, I came for a walk along town and found this cute fish market, where all locals gathered to get this fantastic fresh produce right off the boats and from the Golf of St Tropez and the Mediterranean Sea.
My Day Exploring St Tropez
I have spent the full morning exploring around St Tropez. From the port area to the pier.
Petanque at the Place des Lices St Tropez
Place des Lices, is known to be the most chic square in the world where to play Petanque.
La Citadelle XVIeme in St Tropez
The Citadelle of Saint Tropez, has crowned the town for the last 400 years.
Club 55 at Plage des Pampelone
Only 15 minutes away from Plage des Salins and 20 from the port of St Tropez, you will arrive to Plage Pampelonne and to the exclusive and chic Club 55.
Plage Pampelonne in Ramataelle
Neighbor district to Saint Tropez, only 15 minutes away, holding beautiful beaches and the exclusive Club 55.
Plage des Salins in Saint Tropez
Another alternative options to Plage Pampelonne. Less crowded or commercial, with a nice restaurant Les Salins which I am planning to try today for lunch.
Rue Bonaparte Le Petite Marais Nice – Nice’s Gay District
Now Nice also has its own Gay District.
Varlib Bus from St Tropez to St Raphael
The most panoramic way to travel from St Tropez to St Raphael, comfortably, on time and on the right budget.
72 Hours in St. Tropez
Hi there…. yes been away for a over two weeks. Don’t call me lazy !!!
Private Riva and Champagne Along the Seine in Paris
Are you looking for the ultimate romantic experience of Paris?
Paris Arc de Triomphe
Last few days in Paris, before heading to Deauville and continue my travel experience around France.
Le Voltaire – A Classic Restaurant in Paris
Last night over a pouring rain Paris, I came for dinner to a classic and institution of Paris and the French Cuisine, Le Voltaire.
Aston Hotels Launches One Million HawaiianMiles Sweepstakes (Ends 10/15)
Feeling lucky? Ready to get leied by Aston Hotels & Resorts?
Travelocity Giving Away A Trip Around the World (Ends 10/20)
If you are not in the Big Apple these days, do not be discouraged as you can still enter the contest for the trip around the world until October 20th by submitting a one-minute video on the contest’s website.
Gay Travel Events in October, November and December:
Check out our new events calendar, where we list gay events around the world – http://www.purpleroofs.com/gay-travel-events.html. Here are the events for the next two months:
- Australia, NSW, Byron Bay: Dec 29-Dec 30, Queer Fruits Film Festival 2012, Lismore District & Workers Club. http://bit.ly/iKCIej
- Australia, NSW, Coffs Harbour: Oct 26-Oct 28, CoastOut 2012. http://bit.ly/m48VRG
- Belgium, Bussels: Nov 8-Nov 17, Annual Pink Screens in Brussels 2012. http://bit.ly/jnj4Tz
- Canada, MB, Winnipeg: Oct 9-Oct 14, Reel Pride Winnipeg 2012. http://bit.ly/lijO0g
- Canada, ON, Toronto: Oct 13, DREAM: Fetish Party 2012, 9 PM. http://www.northbound.com
- Canada, QC, Montreal: Oct 3-Oct 9, Black & Blue Party2012. http://bit.ly/b5PuyZ
- Canada, QC, Montreal: Oct 25-Nov 4, image+nation, Montreal International LGBT Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/j3Ti7d
- Chile, Santiago: Oct 23-Oct 26, Cine 2.0 Festival de Cine Lesbico/Gay/Trans 2012. http://bit.ly/iAgM5e
- China, Hong Kong: Sep 30-Dec 6, Pink Season Gay/Lesbian Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/qxM1B3
- China, Hong Kong: Nov 10, Hong Kong Gay Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/NwRSkm
- Denmark, Copenhagen: Oct 19-Oct 28, MIX COPENHAGEN | LesbianGayBiTrans Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/jKrh94
- England, London: Nov 12-Nov 14, GFEST – Gaywise FESTival 2012. http://bit.ly/lk3pDJ
- Finland, Lappeenranta: Oct 25-Nov 3, Side by Side LGBT International Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/lXlVdK
- France, St. Etienne: Nov 22-Nov 25, FACE a FACE Festival du film gay et lesbien de Saint-Etienne 2012. http://bit.ly/kzKnxN
- France, Ile de France, Paris: Oct 5-Oct 14, Paris Gay, Lesbian, Trans Film Festival – Cheries-Cheris 2012. http://bit.ly/k1zj3D
- France, Ile de France, Paris: Oct 31-Nov 4, Paris International Lesbian and Feminist Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/lMxl6E
- Germany, Bremen: Oct 9-Oct 14, QueerFilm Festival Bremen 2012. http://bit.ly/igVksI
- Germany, Esslingen: Nov 1-Nov 7, Queer Film Festival Esslingen 2012. http://bit.ly/jYIIeU
- Germany, Hamburg: Oct 16-Oct 21, Lesbisch Schwule Filmtage Hamburg | International Queer Film Festival 2011. http://bit.ly/lDMy8a
- Germany, Rostock: Oct 18-Oct 20, QueerFilmFest Rostock 2012. http://bit.ly/mop1NL
- Italy, Bologna: Oct 27-Nov 3, Gender Bender Festival Internazionale Bologna 2012. http://bit.ly/jQ67U9
- Italy, Lazio, Rome: Oct 26-Nov 3, Rome International Fim Festival. http://bit.ly/9i4Aqs
- Italy, Tuscany, Florence: Oct 25-Oct 31, Florence Queer Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/iW200S
- Japan, Kyoto: Oct 12-Oct 14, Kansai Queer Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/e9CsIs
- Mexico, JAL, Puerto Vallarta: Nov 21-Nov 25, Vallarta Fever 2012. http://bit.ly/qzsg7
- Mexico, Yucatan, Merida: Nov 8-Saturday 2, Fancinegay – Cine Gay y Lesbico Extremadura 2012. http://bit.ly/iNcUIw
- Nepal, Kathmandu: Oct 12-Oct 14, LGBTI Sports Festival 2012, Dasharath Rangashala stadium. http://bit.ly/QD1BFN
- Romania, Cluj-Napoca: Nov 13-Nov 19, Serile Filmului Gay (Gay Film Nights) International Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/ky0Aei
- Scotland, Glasgow: Oct 15-Nov 3, Glasgay! 2012. http://bit.ly/irDnzg
- Slovenia, Ljubljana: Nov 24-Dec 2, Ljubljana Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/iL3JZL
- South Africa, Gauteng, Johannesburg: Oct 19-Oct 28, Out in Africa Film Festival 2012 Part 3. http://bit.ly/fVy6D9
- South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town: Oct 19-Oct 28, Out in Africa Film Festival 2012 Part 3. http://bit.ly/fVy6D9
- Spain, Madrid: Oct 11, Into the Tank 2012. http://bit.ly/i0LqDh
- Spain, Madrid: Nov 1-Nov 11, LESGAICINEMAD: The Madrid Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/iFcHX1
- Spain, Catalunya, Barcelona: Oct 18-Oct 28, Barcelona International Lesbian and Gay Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/mPuzEC
- Switzerland, Luzern: Nov 15-Nov 21, Pink Panorama LesBiSchwules Festival Luzern 2012. http://bit.ly/lZxV6b
- Taiwan, Taipei: Oct 12-Oct 21, Women Make Waves Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/k9Yr2z
- USA, AR, Eureka Springs: Oct 27-Oct 30, Eureka Springs Pride – Fall Diversity Weekend 2012. http://bit.ly/H4trrv
- USA, AZ, Bisbee: Oct 26-Oct 27, Halloween Costume Party, David’s Oasis 5311 Double Adobe Rd., 5 PM. http://www.azgaycamping.com
- USA, AZ, Tucson: Oct 13-Oct 14, Pride on Parade 2012, Downtown. http://bit.ly/diN5Gs
- USA, CA, Los Angeles: Dec 28-Dec 31, Masterbeat New Years 2012-13, Mayan Theater. http://bit.ly/OHDvj
- USA, CA, Palm Springs: Oct 5-Oct 7, Big Men’s Weekend 2012. http://bit.ly/tozIRl
- USA, CA, Palm Springs: Nov 1, Palm Springs Leather Pride 2011. http://bit.ly/d1EhI0
- USA, CA, Palm Springs: Nov 3-Nov 4, Palm Springs Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/gN3bdM
- USA, CA, Sacramento: Oct 11-Oct 13, Sacramento International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/lVuHdX
- USA, CA, San Diego: Oct 13, North County Pride 2012, Betty’s Lot, 11 AM-6 PM. http://bit.ly/186zuu
- USA, CA, San Francisco: Oct 7-Oct 7, 2012 Madonna Tour: San Jose, HP Pavilion, 8 PM-12 AM. http://wsupnow.com/sfo/2012-madonna-tour-san-jose-oct-07-2012-hp-pavilion
- USA, CA, San Francisco: Oct 31-Nov 2, 13th Annual Conference on Gay and Lesbian Tourism. http://bit.ly/H8Eoqw
- USA, CA, San Francisco: Oct 31-Nov 2, International Conference on Gay & Lesbian Tourism. http://bit.ly/TR2Ps
- USA, CA, San Francisco: Nov 8-Nov 11, Tranny Fest in San Francisco 2012. http://bit.ly/irjsTs
- USA, CA, Santa Barbara: Nov 8-Nov 11, OUTrageous: The Santa Barbara LGBTQ Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/kagU5H
- USA, FL, Ft. Lauderdale: Oct 28-Nov 4, Poz Cruise – Gay and Lesbian HIV Cruise Retreat. http://bit.ly/q8OzpD
- USA, FL, Jacksonville: Oct 13-Oct 21, River City Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/KYUCXL
- USA, FL, Key West: Oct 19-Oct 28, Fantasy fest 2012. http://bit.ly/4D95Z
- USA, FL, Key West: Oct 23, Headhunters Ball 2012. http://bit.ly/qRBuss
- USA, FL, Miami Beach: Nov 21-Nov 26, White Party Week 2012. http://bit.ly/1LnjB7
- USA, FL, Sarasota: Oct 20, Sarasota Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/awTLsM
- USA, FL, St. Petersburg: Jun 29, St. Pete’s Pride 2013. http://bit.ly/h0fwaB
- USA, FL, Tampa: Oct 5-Oct 13, The Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival 2012. https://tiglff.com
- USA, GA, Atlanta: Oct 4-Oct 11, Out on Film 2012. http://bit.ly/icAkWw
- USA, GA, Atlanta: Oct 13-Oct 14, Atlanta Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/eAa1Xb
- USA, IL, Chicago: Nov 1, REELING Annual Chicago Lesbian and Gay International Film Festival 2011. http://bit.ly/mGLN0p
- USA, IN, Indianapolis: Nov 1, Indianapolis GLBT Film Festival 2011. http://bit.ly/lGSwA0
- USA, MA, Provincetown: Nov 30-Dec 2, Holly Folly Provincetown 2012. http://bit.ly/7gaeBc
- USA, NC, Victoria: Oct 11-Oct 12, Travel Gay Canada 2012 LGBT Tourism Conference. http://bit.ly/Ncbmv5
- USA, NV, Las Vegas: Dec 14-Dec 16, 8th Annual LGBT OutMusic Awards 2012, Planet Hollywood PH Live Theater. http://bit.ly/LIBJL3
- USA, NY, Rochester: Oct 5-Oct 14, ImageOut The Rochester Lesbian & Gay Film & Video Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/m9cbZz
- USA, PA, Philadelphia: Oct 7, OutFest 2012. http://bit.ly/dIWLUg
- USA, PA, Pittsburgh: Oct 14-Oct 23, Pittsburgh International Lesbian and Gay Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/irkLhX
- USA, SC, Columbia: Oct 20, South Carolina Pride 2012. http://bit.ly/9BOl94
- USA, UT, Park City: Nov 4-Jan 8, Utah Gay & Lesbian Ski Week 2012. http://bit.ly/sBvSE6
- USA, WA, Seattle: Oct 11-Oct 21, Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/kStu05
- USA, WA, Seattle: Oct 18, Wicked for Marriage, Paramount Theater, 7:30 PM. http://bit.ly/L5GFmv
- USA, WI, Milwaukee: Oct 20-Oct 23, Milwaukee LGBT Film/Video Festival 2012. http://bit.ly/jhAFlc
Sign Up for Our Gay Travel Sweepstakes
Check Out Our Special Offer Section
Our innkeepers and travel agents offer exclusive specials to travelers who find them on Purple Roofs. This month, we have 126 Accommodation/Tour offers listed in 17 countries! No membership required.
Visit Our Other Websites:
Gayapolis: Personals, daily news, and a great gay and lesbian directory.
Mi Casa Su Casa: Our home trade network, with over 308 members around the world, for just $75 for 5 years.
Gay Realty Network: Real estate professionals around the world.
Purple Unions: Gay friendly wedding vendors around the world.
Find Us On Twitter:
We now have a twitter account – follow us at http://twitter.com/purpleroofs.
Find Us On Facebook:
We now have a facebook page too – like us at http://www.facebook.com/purpleroofs.
Find Us On Google+:
We now have a Google+ page as well – follow us at https://plus.google.com/105511413517642023561/posts.
Marriage Equality News:
Also check out Gay Marriage Watch, our daily news blog about gay marriage: We bring you all the news on the fight for gay marriage daily. Join our blog email list by sending a subscription request to email@example.com. Find the full blog at http://www.purpleunions.com/blog/index.html. You can now also find us on Twitter with regular updates every day at http://www.twitter.com/gaymarriagewatc.
That’s it for this month – enjoy the newsletter!
Mark & Scott
PurpleRoofs – http://www.purpleroofs.com
PO Box 4666, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
PS: Wanna sponsor this newsletter and reach over 25,000 people? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
To be removed from this email list, just reply to this email to email@example.com and enter “remove” in the subject line.